Creation Care Partners Energy Conservation Resources
This page contains everything clergy and lay leaders need to mobilize their church community, conserve energy in their house of worship, and engage members to conserve at home. Tools indicated with a * can be downloaded as part of the Creation Care Partners Toolkit or individually.
1. Form a Team and Get Your Church on Board
The Creation Care Partners Brief & FAQs: Explanation, resource list, and answers to questions*
Low Carbon Diet, this simple, playful self-led household energy program helps forge a team
Engaging Your Church Community, brief ideas for clergy and lay leaders*
2. Save Energy in Your Congregation
Commit. Creation Care Church Covenant* and Harnessing the Power of Solar Panels
Support. What you need to cut energy use by 25% to 40%:
– Using Thermostat Set Points to Greatly Reduce Energy Use: A Toolkit*
– Quick Guides to Sealing* and Insulating Your Building’s Envelope*
– Quick Guide to Saving Energy and Money with Your HVAC Systems* and Boiler System*
– Energy Saver Checklist for Congregations* and Reducing Your Congregation’s Electricity Usage*
– Costs of Different Types of Lighting* and Recouping the Cost of LEDs in Two Years*
Measure. EPA Portfolio Manager to track energy savings
3. Save Energy at Home
Commit. Creation Care Household Energy Conservation Pledge*
– For busy self-starters, Household Checklist* shows cost and savings of high-impact measures
– For small or large groups, Low Carbon Diet Workbook described above
– For the entire community, Creation Care Partners Task of the Month Brochure*, posters, info sheets, & more.
Measure. Creation Care Partners Household Energy Conservation Survey, simple quick online tool. This is for congregations that are already registered. If you are not with a registered congregation and wish to see how the survey works, please scroll down and select “other” under location and “other congregation” for the name of the congregation.